Sreenidhi, with its legacy of glorious success in engineering streams, has also set a stage to enable its students to take a giant leap to enter the Civil Services of Government of India and various State Governments. Academy of Civil Services of SNIST was established in the year 2016-17. This academy offers integrated Civil Services guidance to its students. This initiative is unique and the first of its kind in the State of Telangana and Second in South India in an engineering institution which is it to ignite the spirit of students for considering Civil Services as a Career option. SNIST's efforts are highly appreciated which will enhance the chances of our student to crack the civil services exams at a relatively young age. Selection in Civil Services brings a sense of pride to the students themselves, their parents and its alma mater, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, a great satisfaction.
1. THE GENESIS:
Academy of Civil Services was originally known as Civil Services Aspirants Club which is the brain child of Shri Mahesh Bhagwat, IPS, Commissioner of Police, Rachakonda, who himself was a Civil Engineering Graduate from University of Pune. Shri Mahesh Bhagwat, IPS was a Chief Guest for a Orientation programme conducted by the college for the fresh batch of engineering students in September 2017.
In his address as Chief Guest, he wanted Sreenidhi to establish a Civil Services Aspirants Club in the college for the benefit of students and to get attracted to consider Civil Services as a very good option. This suggestion given by him was immediately accepted by Shri Jawahar Mahi who is a member of the Managing Committee of the College and wanted the college officials to immediately form the club. He himself being a Civil Servant in Indian Revenue Services (IRS) and hence he assured the parents that this club will be established and he would give lectures to the Aspirants. Using his contacts he promised that he will invite other Civil Servants and also invite to teach some subjects as well. Dr.K.T.Mahhe, Chairman of SNIST immediately directed the college authorities to provide a place and other facilities.
2. SOME INFORMATION ABOUT CIVIL SERVICES OF GOVT.OF INDIA:
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination conducted every year by the UPSC to select officers to serve in various wings of the administration in central governments. There are 24 Services that comprise what is popularly called Civil Services.
This examination is conducted in Three phases i.e. Prelims, Mains and Personality Test.
Plan of Examination:
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview)
- Personality Test for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
Preliminary of Examination:
The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each. Note:
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions) and each will be of two hours duration.
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
MAIN EXAMINATION: The Written Examination will consist of the following papers:
Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution).
Paper-B English 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit:
Paper-I Essay Marks 250
General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society) 250 Marks
Paper-III General Studies -II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) 250 Marks
Paper-IV General Studies -III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
Paper-V General Studies -IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) Marks 250
Paper-VI Optional Subject - Paper 1 Marks 250
Paper-VII Optional Subject - Paper 2 Marks 250
Sub Total (Written test) Marks 1750
Personality Test Marks 275
Grand Total Marks 2025
3. THE VARIOUS CIVIL SERVICES:
- All India Services (AIS)
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Forest Service
- Indian Foreign Service (Indian Diplomatic Service)
Group- A Services
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service.
- Indian Revenue Service.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service.
- Indian Postal Service.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force.
- Indian Defence Estates Service.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade).
- Indian Trade Service.
- Indian Corporate Law Service.
- Group-B Services:
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, (Section Officer's Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service.
- Pondicherry Civil Service.
- Pondicherry Police Service
4. Knowledge Resources for student Aspirants:
Text Books, Magazines, NCERT books are provided by the Institution.
Discussion of Previous Exams Question papers and Essay papers analysis by expert members from IAS Coaching Institutions in Hyderabad on a regular basis.
Discussions of Current affairs of Nationals and International importance by the Coordinator of Academy
5. Infrastructural facilities available in Academy of Civil Services:
- Allotted a room in the central library with room number 7306.
- Seminar Halls to conduct weekly sessions.
- Provided a class room with internet facility for attending online courses and Pen drive Module with room no. 2105 in Block- 2.
- Providing the transportation facility to aspirants at 7:00 pm.
- Institute has also been providing all the financial support required for running the Academy.
6. Academy Highlights :
- Interactive sessions with eminent personalities from Civil Services domain.
- NEWS paper and Magazine reading.
- Special focus on Communication Skills.
- Specially developed study material for Aspirants of Civil Services.
- Well stocked library with internet and Wi-Fi facility exclusively for Aspirant students.
- Personality development sessions.
- Promoting social awareness.
- Experienced faculty for guidance.
- Regular model exams on the UPSC lines.
- Essay writing competitions, Quiz, Group discussions, Mock parliament and Debates for igniting the minds of Students.
- Provided with teaching modules for the development of various capabilities needed for Civil Services.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
The Civil Services Aspirants Club (CSAC-SNIST) is an all-student organization of budding undergraduates who cherish the dream of joining the Civil Services. The youngest and the first-of-its-kind club in all of South India, CSAC serves as the central platform for all those who aspire to crack the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination.
Genesis of the club:
The Civil Services Aspirants Club, SNIST, is a credible initiative of our visionary director Shri. P.Narsimha Reddy, Shri K. JawaharMahi and a few highly motivated Civil Service aspirants from college. Inaugurated on September the 8th, 2016 in the presence of various Civil Servants,it was attended by more than 700 students.
At CSAC, we believe in cherishing and nurturing the dream of being Civil servants who serve the country selflessly. Collective efforts to transform dreams into achievable goals, is our objective. We believe in our motto of “SheelamParamBhushanam” or “Character is the highest virtue”.
Team CSAC-SNIST with Mr.K.N.KUMAR,IAS (Principal Secretary-Meghalaya) and Mr.Raju (IG,CRPF)
Our Impetus, our inspiration:
The fact that majority of those who crack the Civil Services Examination (CSE) in India today are engineers is what drives us. We aim to ‘seize the day’ – to prepare holistically for the UPSC entrance right from under graduation. Also we strive to develop a persona and personalities befitting future Civil Servants. We take inspiration from our alumni who walked the same land and are now successful Civil Servants.
CSAC – bustles with activity!!
CSAC-SNIST has been a bustling clan right from the start. With constant UPSC-related discussions,regular interactive sessions with real-time Civil Servants and activities, all its 150 or so members have been real busy bees. Both the executive boards that governed it till now, have efficiently steered it towards the status it enjoys today. With constant support from the college management and under the faculty advisors, Mr. Surender Reddy(Academic Dean, SNIST) and Mrs. Ragamayee (Dept. S&H,SNIST), the club flourishes.
Some novel initiatives and association with ADASTRA:
In a first-of-kind attempt, onlinetraining courses and materials were procured for the benefit of the members by the board. Other novel initiatives of CSAC include conducting screening and practice tests for aspirants to estimate and improve their knowledge and skill.
CSAC has associated with ADASTRA, a national symposium, for two years and had hosted all literary events including a Mock Parliament.
We believe that anyone who dares to dream has a right to achieve it. And we help each other in that pursuit. Come join us if you have a dream to serve your country too!!
OUR ALUMNI - THE ACHIEVERS:
|2||C Vamshi Krishna||EEE||2008||153||IPS|
|3||M Devender Singh||IT||2010||253||IAS|
|6||Shiva Prakash Devaraju||CSE||2013||114||IAS|
|7||K Apoorva Rao||ECE||2013||595||IPS|
|10||G L Naraimham||ME||2015||250||IRS|
|11||P Sathya Swaroop||CSE||2015||1012||IRTS|
|12||N Sri Ranganadh Reddy||ECM||2018||417||IRS|
"They are our inspiration for every step we take and every decision we make!!"