B.Tech. CSE - Cyber Security
To emerge as a leading department in Technical Education and Research in India in Computer Science and Engineering with focus on Cyber Security to produce professionally competent and socially sensitive engineers capable of working in global environment.
- Prepare computer science graduates with special focus on cyber security with competence in professional core and multidisciplinary areas, so that they can succeed globally.
- Enable the graduates as a team to use modern tools to design, develop and exhibit novelty based products with a focus on cyber security required for the society.
- Promote lifelong learning skills and continuously engage in research to attain sustainability.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (Peos) – B.Tech. (CSE) In Cyber Security
- Graduates will have a strong foundation in basic and engineering sciences to prepare them to be professionally competent with abilities to analyze and develop optimal secured solutions.
- Apply knowledge of diverse and emerging areas of computer science with focus on cyber security using modern tools to solve societal problems and promote sustainable development.
- Work effectively as a team member/leader or pursue entrepreneurial skills with good communications and ethical ideologies, practice project management skills.
- Acquire research temperament to pursue higher studies in reputed institutes and become life-long learners.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)- B.Tech. (CSE) in Cyber Security
With the rapid change in technology and changes in expectations from technocrats, ABET, NBA, CSAB, Washington Accord advocate the Outcome Based Evaluation for Graduates in technical profession. There are twelve graduate attributes which are internationally accepted. All graduates of any higher education programs are expected to have identified technical/ functional, generic and managerial competencies. The competencies that a graduate of a program should have are called Graduate Attributes. The Attributes a graduating engineer should have are generally identified by the Accreditation agency for Engineering and Technical Education, namely, National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in India. The Graduate Attributes as stated by NBA are in the spirit of Program Outcomes as stated in Washington Accord (Graduate Attributes are referred to as Program Outcomes by Washington Accord).
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)- B.Tech. (CSE) in Cyber Security
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) are statements that describe what the graduates of a specific engineering program should be able to do. On completion of the B.Tech.(CSE) in Cyber Security program the graduates will be able to
- Apply the knowledge of networking and information security, computer architecture, software development life cycle, database, web designing with emphasis on data structures and algorithms using programming languages and appropriate software and security tools to solve the specified needs of engineering problems.
- Acquaintance of knowledge on the thrust areas such as Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, Blockchain Technologies, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence for solving societal and local problems with varying complexities.