To emerge as a premier centre in Electronics and Computer engineering with focus on human values and professional ethics
- To prepare Electronics and Computer Engineering graduates to be a life- long learner with competence in basic sciences, engineering & professional core, interdisciplinary subjects, so that they can have professional career or to pursue higher studies
- Developing liaison with Academia, R & D institutions, software and electronics Industries for exposure of students to the practical aspects in engineering and solution of the industry oriented and societal problems, entrepreneurial pursuit and project management
- Inculcating interpersonal skills, team work, professional ethics, IPR and regulatory issues in students to improve their employability and promoting leadership in changing global environment
- To continuously engage in research and development activities and to promote scientific temper in the graduates
Dr. D. Mohan
HOD, ECM Dept.
Welcome to the Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering. The modern technology requires Electronics circuits that controlled with software to create a smart globe. ECM is a unique discipline, featuring both Electronics and Computer Engineering subjects. The department has eminent faculty from both areas to cherish the young student minds. The department always believes in empowering young minds through manifestation of their inherent knowledge. We encourage the students to participate on campus and off campus technical symposiums.
The department stands tall with rich placements, gold medals, internships, Innovative projects, Bridge courses and workshops. In this department we thrive to ensure the excellence of students in academics as well as extracurricular activities. Apart from this, Alumni are extremely doing well in National, Multinational Industries and as Entrepreneurs. Some of recent graduates are pursing masters in the top rank universities of the US, UK.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will have strong foundation in fundamentals of basic sciences, mathematics, Engineering sciences and technology with abilities to understand societal problems
- Graduates will have successful professional career by demonstrating good scientific and engineering breadth to comprehend the problems using modern tools , conduct experiments, analyze the results and design novel products and solutions to the real life problems
- Graduates will be motivated to achieve academic excellence and promote entrepreneurship and skills in project and finance management, pursue research to develop life – long learning in a world of constantly evolving technology
- Graduates will be trained in human values, Professional ethics and Intellectual Property related issues in broader environmental and social context and sustainable development, communication skills, team work skills, leadership and multidisciplinary approach.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
System Development and Research Activity:
Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using computation and appropriate algorithms in one or more fields of electronics and computer engineering, such as Internet Of Things, embedded systems, computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and signal processing.
Problem Analysis and Design : Ability to use contemporary engineering tools and techniques and adapt to the industry needs for solving multi-disciplinary problems
Successful Career : Ability to design a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, safety, and sustainability.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.?
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.?
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in Independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.