To emerge as a leading centre for students and faculty in their pursuits of professional excellence in the fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering by making use of current Scientific and Technological advancements, with focus on human values, professional ethics and social responsibility
- Training students in the basic core and application oriented subjects of Electronics and Communication engineering with due focus on multi disciplinary areas.
- Establishing liaison with relevant industries, R&D organizations and renowned academia for exposure to practical R&D aspects of technology.
- Inculcating team work, leadership, professional ethics and other skills such as effective communication, logical reasoning, career goal setting, liberal use of modern tools, familiarity with IPR to make students globally competent in employment as well as entrepreneurship.
- Promoting scientific temper and research culture in the graduates towards lifelong learning to produce useful research outcomes.
Dr. S.P.V Subba Rao
HOD, ECE Dept.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide strong foundation in basic sciences including mathematics and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems so that they will be able to identify, formulate and apply creatively their understanding of sciences and core engineering to design solutions and systems for the problems arising in the context of public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- To develop core competences in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering to conduct experiments, analyze, design and use appropriate techniques and tools to provide optimum solutions with professional engineering practices considering the social responsibilities and environmental issues.
- To inculcate individual & team work, leadership, professional ethics, IPR and regulatory issues in multidisciplinary areas and to develop good communication skills for ensuring their professional career advancements.
- To promote entrepreneurship with sufficient knowledge of project/financial management techniques and to engage in lifelong learning in the broad context of technological change.
Programme Outcomes (POs) of the B. Tech (ECE) programme
- Graduate will be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles for modeling, analyzing and solving problems in the domain of electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduate will be able to identify, formulate and analyze real-life problems using first principles of mathematics, physical and engineering sciences.
- Graduate will be able to design and develop practical solutions for real-life problems in the domain of electronics and communication engineering considering societal issues.
- Graduate will be able to design and develop a experimental systems for conducting detailed investigations to solve multifaceted problems in the domain of electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to apply modern engineering and IT tools, softwares and equipments in order to identify and analyze the problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering and propose a design methodology.
- Graduate will demonstrate the need and impact of engineering solutions related to Electronics and Communication Engineering, on the society to assess public health & safety, legal, Professional ethics and social issues involved.
- Graduate will demonstrate the impact of professional engineering solutions in environmental context and to be able to respond effectively to the needs of sustainable development.
- Graduate will demonstrate the knowledge and the principles of Professional and ethical responsibilities in their engineering practice.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively as an individual and/or as a team member/leader in multidisciplinary areas.
- Graduate will be able to learn to communicate effectively on complex engineering activities through report writing, experimental work, assignments, seminars, group projects, mini and major projects.
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge of management principles and apply these to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments either as an individual or a team leader.
- Graduate will recognize the need of self-learning and ability to engage in independent and life - long learning in the broadest context of technology change.
- Graduate will be able demonstrate the applications of knowledge gained into the advanced fields such as Signal Processing, Wireless Communications, VLSI and Embedded Systems, and allied fields.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To empower the students by providing necessary knowledge base, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities in the areas of Digital Systems and Computer Electronics(DSCE) and allied fields so that they can excel in their profession, in industry , higher studies and R&D.
- To develop core competencies in the field of Digital Systems and Computer Electronics so as to conduct experiments, comprehend, analyze, design and use appropriate techniques and tools to provide optimal solutions for the real life problems.
- To inculcate societal responsibility, sensitization to regulatory and Intellectual Property related issues and promote entrepreneurship with sufficient knowledge of project/financial management techniques in multidisciplinary areas with good communication skills for ensuring their success.
- To motivate the students not only to be academically excellent but also to be sensitive to Professional ethics, to acquire leadership skills and to be life-long learners for a successful professional career.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Post graduates will demonstrate their ability to acquire state of the art knowledge and to expand frontiers of knowledge in the field of Digital Systems and Computer Electronics.
- Post graduates will demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate complex engineering problems to make intellectual and creative advances in Digital Systems and Computer Electronics.
- Post graduates will demonstrate the ability of problem solving skills to find optimal solutions in the area of Digital Systems and Computer Electronics including considerations of public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental problems.
- Post graduates will demonstrate ability to carry out literature survey ,design, to conduct experiments and to analyse the results using appropriate research methodologies. They should also demonstrate to contribute scientific knowledge in Digital Systems and Computer Electronics either individually or collectively.
- Post graduates demonstrate the ability to develop and use of appropriate techniques and tools for prediction and modelling of various engineering systems.
- Post graduates demonstrate ability to collaborate and engage in multidisciplinary tasks in scientific research.
- Post graduates demonstrate ability to manage projects efficiently including considerations of economical and financial factors.
- Post graduates demonstrate ability in both oral and written communications.
- Post graduates demonstrate ability to learn independently and continuously to the latest developments in his field.
- Post graduates shall acquire professional ethics and intellectual integrity in the consideration of impact of research outcomes for sustainable development of the society.
- Post graduates shall learn from their mistakes and make corrective results on their own.
Current Intake under ECE Department
Name of the Course
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Digital System & Computer Electronics
Eminent Professors of ECE Department
Professor, Department of ECE.
Prof. S. Bhujanga Rao is a senior Professor in the Dept. of ECE and having 24 years of Industrial experience in ECIL, Hyderabad and 2-years in Allied Electronics Manufacturing Co. Chennai. His services at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology as an academician for more than 10 years at various levels as Head of ECE Dept., Director for School of Electronics, Dean for Industry Institute Interaction. He guided many UG and PG projects.
Projects Handled under R & D of Test and Training Equipment:
- At Allied Electronics Manufacturing Co., Madras
- Digital Trainers
- IC Testers
- Breakdown Tester
- RF Attenuator
- At ECIL, Hyderabad
- R & D of Teletext interface for Spectra Super Model of Color TV
- TV RF & Remote control interface
- Sky vision TV (Direct Satellite Signal Receiver)
- Simple Digital TV (Using ITT Chipset)
- 3-Chip Color TV (Using Phillips Chipset)
Head & Professor, Department of ECE
S.P.V.SubbaRao obtained his Ph.D. from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in the area of Wireless Communications in 2014. His research areas include WCDMA based Wireless Multimedia Networks, Data Communications and Networking, Ad hoc Wireless Networks and Signal Processing. Currently he is the Professor and Head of Electronics and Communication Engineering department of Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology. He has published several papers in International journals and presented papers in National and International conferences. He has published Performance analysis of spectrum sensing methods for cognitive radio from LAP Lambert academic publishing . He is editorial board member of International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems (IJDPS) and International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networking (IJWAMN) journals.
Dr.N.S. Murthy Sarma
Professor, Department of ECE
N.S.Murthy Sarma belongs to K. Pedapudi , East Godavary district of Andhra Pradesh state, India2. He received his Model Diploma for Technicians(MDT), offered with collaboration of United Sates of Soviet Russia (USSR), with specialization in production of radio apparatus (RA) from Government Polytechnic of Masabtank, Hyderabad, his B.Tech from Jawharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) College of Engineering, Hyderabad in 1990, his M.E with specialization in Microwaves and Radar Engineering(MRE) from Osmania University in 1996 and his Ph.D in E.C.E from O.U, Hyderabad in 2002. As a Part of his diploma curriculum, He was at nuclear instruments division of instruments group in Electronics corporation of India limited (ECIL), Hyderabad as technician apprentice in 1984.
From 1991 to 1996 he was a lecturer to U.G courses in electronics, physics in faculty of science and various subjects of electronics and communications engineering for diploma holders (FDH) program of JNTU Engineering College at Hyderabad, and from 1996 to 2001 he was with R&T Unit for navigational electronics (NERTU). During his association with NERTU, he executed projects sponsored by RCA, VSSC, DLRL and DST. His research interests include electromagnetic modeling, atmospheric studies, optical fiber communication, low power VLSI, signal processing. Several international and national publications are under his credit.
He continued his teaching from 2001 and currently at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology as a professor of ECE . As one of the earlier assignments now he was Principal of SV Insititute of Technology and Engineering (SVIET) and professor of electroncs and communications Engineering of SV group of institutions. He teaching interests for undergraduate courses includes Electromagnetic theory, antennas and propagation and microwave engineering, post graduate courses in communication systems and microwave radar engineering. Dr. N.S.Murthy Sarma is life member of Institute of Science and Technology education (ISTE) since 2002 and fellow of institute of electronics and telecommunication engineers (IETE) since 2003, fellow of Institution of Engineers IE(I) and Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) since 2010. He usually reviewers papers for international journals viz. international journal of computer science and Engineering systems and international journal of International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering Technology and Sciences , besides a regular conference reviewer of conferences(since 2010) of IEEE with immediate recent assignment of ADVCIT'2014. . He is one of the recognized Ph.D Supervisors of engineering faculty, Around Eight research scholars are working with him under Ph.D. programme of JNTUH/JNTUK/KLU in the area of Communications, Low power VLSI, GPS/GLONASS, since 2008.
Dr. D. Asha Devi
Professor, Department of ECE
Dr. D. Asha Devi, graduated from AMIETE New Delhi, in the Year 2000. She received M.Tech. Degree in Digital Systems and Computer Electronics from JNTU in the year 2005. She awarded Doctoral Degree for the contribution of research work on the design and development of Embedded System based Soil Analyzer. She has 14 Years of teaching experience. Guided 30 UG and 12 PG projects and guiding one research scholar in the VLSI domain. She has 22 International and 27 National publications to her credit. She organized several National level workshops, Conferences and Student Symposiums. Currently she is working as Professor in the Department of ECE, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad.
Area of Interest: Embedded Systems, FPGA based Designs, VLSI based Digital Designs using VHDL and Verilog HDL.
Dr. Shruti Bhargava Choubey
Associate Professor, Department of ECE
Dr.Shruti Bhargava Choubey received BE with honors(2007) from RGPV Bhopal and M. Tech.degree in Digital Communication Engineering( 2010) from RGPV Bhopal subsequently she carried out her research form Dr.K.N. Modi University Banasthali Rajasthan, and awarded Ph.D. in 2015.Presently she is working as Associate Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad she has published more than 50 papers (1 SCI ,3 Scopus) of national and International repute. she has been Member of many selection committees for recruitment of staff and faculty. her research areas include signal processing Image processing and Biomedical Engineering. she has produced 13 M.Tech degrees & guided more then 70 B.Tech Project. She is member of IETE, New Delhi and International Association of Engineers (IAENG). She worked in different positions like Dean academic & HOD with numerous capacities. she is awarded by MP Young scientist Award 2015 & Received mp council fellowship in year 2014 & 2015" for her contribution to Research