To become a reputed department for Civil Engineering education and applied research in the country with focus on producing professionally competent and highly recognized engineers.
- To prepare and provide conductive environment for Civil Engineering graduates to become competent and quick learners of the latest emerging technologies on the engineering horizon.
- To become a hub of technical know-how in Civil Engineering and allied domains for the service of industry bodies, governmental bodies, and society at large.
- To ensure our students are confident with latest and emerging technologies, that affect the traditional roles of civil engineers, so that they could push the envelope to be relevant in the fast changing technical field as practicing engineers, entrepreneurs, or research personnel.
- Also, the Department aims to train socially and environmentally sensitive professionals as Civil Engineering profession has high contact and visibility with the public.
Dr. G. V. PRAVEEN
HOD, CIVIL Dept.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will have a strong foundation in fundamentals of mathematics, natural and environmental sciences, and basic engineering skills with abilities of problem analysis, design and development of optimal solutions to engineering problems.
- Graduates can apply the knowledge of theory, tools of investigation, and use of modern tools to solve complex problems and become professionally competent and globally employable engineers to assess health, safety, legal, societal, and environmental and sustainable issues maintaining ethical principles.
- Graduates will have ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, a leader or an entrepreneur with awareness of gender sensitiveness apart from having good communication, project and finance management skills.
- Encouraging the graduates to pursue higher studies in internationally reputed institutes or research and development activities thus making them life-long learners.
The Programme Outcomes (POs) of the B.Tech (Civil Engineering) programme are listed below: Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and specialization of CivilEngineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods in the area of Civil Engineering including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools useful for Civil Engineering and related areas including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex Civil Engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to finalize technical and financial aspects of a project and to manage in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological changes through individual/group assignments such as technical seminars, lab projects, group projects, mini and main projects in the area of Civil Engineering or in multi disciplinary areas.