The Institute (SNIST) is located at Yamnampet Village, Ghatkesar Mandal Ranag Reddy Dist. The Institute is about 25 minutes drive (18 km) from Uppal X Roads 40 minutes drive (24 km) from Secunderabad Railway Station 45 minutes drive (28 km) from Dilsukhanagar. However, in order to enable the faculty and staff to commute easily to and from the college, the institute has made necessary transport arrangements. It provides seven college buses and ten four wheel vehicles for transportation of faculty and staff members.
The college provides 33 buses exclusively for the transportation of the students. Arrangements are also made for transport of the students by involving TSRTC. Fourteen RTC buses are run exclusively for transport of students. The students are picked up at various places from the twin cities, on their way to the college and are dropped right in the campus. They are picked up from the college in their return trip.
- Nearly 2000 students and 500 staff members are coming to the college by our college owned buses and RTC Exclusive buses
- Presently college owns 40 buses of which 15 are A/C buses and 18 Non A/c buses and buses 7. These buses are being operated from various places including Kukatpally and Mehidipatanam
- There are about 60 well-experienced drivers providing service to the college for safe transportation of students and staff.
- TSSRTC is operating Exclusive buses from Koti (2 Buses), Dilsuk Nagar (2 Buses), L B Nagar (2 Buses), Tarnaka (One Bus) Secunderabad (2 Buses), ECIL X Roads (2 Buses) and Uppal X Roads (3 Buses).
- SNIST is the First Engineering College to introduce Air Conditioned buses for faculty and student in the state of Telangana.
- SNIST is the First Engineering College to fix the speed governors as per the orders of the Telanagan State Government for the safety of the staff and the students.
- SNIST is the only College operating buses in late hours for the benefit of the students who are availing the facilities in library and laboratories to common places in city free of cost.