To achieve excellence in science and technology and to produce professionally competent, socially sensitive, skilled intellectual IT professionals to meet the current and future challenges of the modern computing industry in the global scenario.
- To continue to be committed in providing quality education in professional core and multidisplinary areas with continuous up gradation and to prepare IT graduates succeed in industry as an individual and as a team. .
- To inspire and encourage the graduates to use modern tools, design and create novelty based products supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society and help them in their higher studies.
- To continuously engage in research and projects development to provide leadership, employability skills and planning for the effective and strategic use of emerging technologies and attain sustainability which can motivate them to be entrepreneurs.
Dr. V.V.S.S.S. Balaram
HOD, IT Dept.
Short Term Goals:
- R&D in the areas of Data warehousing and Mining, Network Security and Cryptography and Consultancy.
- To establish Center of Excellence in the area of Network Security and Cryptography
- Liaison with national labs, academic institutions and industry
- To organize an International Conference
- Starting of In-house journal
- To establish an Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Centre with multidisciplinary approach to promote commercialization of projects completed by the students at UG and PG level
- To strengthen the existing Center for Services to community and empower the unemployed youth
Long Term Goals:
- Liaison with International institutions in R&D,
- Apply for Research grants with international collaboration
- Engage in Research leading to patents at national and international level
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1: Graduates will have a strong fundamentals in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer science by which they acquire abilities to analyze, design and develop an optimal solutions using modern tools which helps them to be employable.
PEO 2: Graduates will develop an ability to work in a team/ lead a team which needs effective communication skills and knowledge of project management, finance and entrepreneurial abilities.
PEO 3: Graduates should have abilities to conduct investigation of complex problems and develop attitude for lifelong learning which will enable them to pursue Higher studies, Research and Development.
PEO 4: The graduates must be aware of the engineering professional ethics, the impact of engineering profession on the society and the need for environmental protection and sustainable development.
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics and engineering in the area of Information Technology.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a software or software / hardware system to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as space and time.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools such as software testing tools, data warehousing and mining tools, necessary for practice as a IT professional.
- An ability to analyze and solve open-ended problems using mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Information Technology theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices and to arrive at an optimal solution.
- To understand principles of engineering, entrepreneurship with emphasis on women, and financial management through relevant management courses to demonstrate knowledge in the conceptualization and realizing group projects, mini and major projects.
- An ability to function effectively as individual and as a member or leader in diverse team in achieving multidisciplinary tasks.
- Learn to communicate effectively on complex engineering activities through report writing, experimental work, assignments, seminars, group projects, mini and major projects.
- To recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to be a life-long learner through the courses such as seminars & projects.
- An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
- An ability to conduct investigation of complex problems in multidisciplinary areas.
- An understanding of professional ethics and responsibilities.
- An engineer should be aware of social, safety, cultural, information security issues and understand the impact of environmental protection and also responsibilities relevant to professional practice and skills.
- An ability to understand the emerging areas in technology like IOT ,Cloud Computing and Big Data Analytics and sustainable development.
Name of the course
Computer Networks & Information Security
Program Educational Objectives of Computer Network and Information Security E are:
- To empower the students by providing necessary knowledge base, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities in the field of Computer Network and Information Security and allied fields so that they can excel in their profession, in industry, higher studies and Research & Development.
- To develop core competencies in the field of Computer Network and Information Security, so as to conduct experiments, comprehend, analyze, design and use appropriate techniques and tools to provide optimal solutions for the industry related problems.
- To inculcate the responsibility to the society at large by sensitizing regulatory and Intellectual Property related issues along with communication skills and to promote entrepreneurship with sufficient knowledge of project/ finance management techniques for ensuring their career success.
- To motivate the students not only to be excellent in academics, professional ethics ,team work , leadership skills but also to be life-long learners in up coming technologies for a successful professional career.
Program Outcomes (PO's) Of M.Tech (CNIS)
After completion of the M. Tech Computer Networks and Information Security
- Postgraduates will demonstrate their abilities to acquire state of art of knowledge and to expand the frontiers of knowledge in the field of Computer Networks and Information Security Engineering.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate complex engineering problems to make intellectual to create advances in the field of Computer Networks and Information Security Engineering.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate their abilities of problem solving skills to find optimal solution including considerations of public issues, cultural, societal and environmental factors in core areas of expertise.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to carry out literature survey, design and conduct experiments and analyze results using appropriate research methodologies. They should also demonstrate to contribute scientific / technical knowledge in their domain areas either individually or in groups.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to develop appropriate techniques and tools for prediction and modeling of various engineering systems.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to collaborate and engage in multidisciplinary group tasks in scientific research.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability manage projects efficiently including consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability in both oral and written technical communications.
- Postgraduate will demonstrate ability to learn latest developments independent and continuously in his/her field.
- Postgraduate shall acquire professional ethics and intellectual integrality in the consideration of impact of research outcomes for sustainable development of society.
- Postgraduate shall learn from mistakes and make corrective measures on his own.
Eminent Professors of IT Department
Professor & HOD IT Department.
Dr VVSSS Balaram has completed his M.Tech (CSE) from University College of Engineering, Andhra University in the year 1999, He did his Ph.D (CSE) from Osmania University in the year 2009. Dr. Balaram has good industry and teaching experience. He worked in various engineering colleges at Professor and HOD levels.
He is having 15 years experience in teaching including research. He has very strong research foundation and research areas he is interested are Information Security, Data Mining and Image Processing. He is having over 17 research publications in various national and international journals. Currently is working as a Professor and HOD IT Department. His vision, commitment and technical skills had made the department very strong due to which placements in IT department are very good.
Dr. C. Sunil Kumar
Professor, IT Department.
Dr C. Sunil Kumar did his B.E in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Madras, Vellore, India, in 1998, M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from SRM University, Chennai, India, in 2005 and Ph.D. (CSE) from JNTUH, Hyderabad in 2012. His Ph.D Thesis was selected by UGC Under SHODH GANGA. He is Sun Certified JAVA Professional from Sun Microsystems.
He has 56 research publications at Various National / International Conferences and Journals. He taught various subjects like Data warehousing and Data Mining, Multimedia, Data Communications and Computer Networks, Software Engineering and Software Project Management.
He is having 17 years of experience in teaching and research. His research interests are Distributed Databases, Data Mining, Cloud Computing and Big Data. Currently, he is working as a Professor in IT Department at SNIST, Hyderabad, India.
Dr. B. Indira
Professor, IT Department.
Dr.B.Indira has completed her MTech(CSE) from Narayana Engineering Technical Campus, Jafferguda, affiliated to JNTUH. She has been awarded the Degree of Doctorate of Philosophy for her reaearch work in Software Reliability in Computer Science and Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering from Acharya Nagarjuna University .She is having 6yrs Indutry experience from Nettlinx and IIHT and more than 10yrs of Teaching experience.She has published 3Research papers in International Journals and 1 in International conference.Her areas of interest are Software Engineering and Computer Networks. She is a Microsoft Certified Professional. Currently she is working as Professor in the Department of Information Technology.
Dr.N. Ch. Sriman Narayana Iyengar (b 1961, 32+ Teaching, 20+ Research Experience, 200+ research publications), holds two doctorates in Applied Mathematics (REC Warangal) and Computer Science and Engineering (Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu). His research focus is on security applications in Distributed environment and Analytics. He guided several Ph.D,s M.Tech/M.S/M.Phil/Summer Projects , apart from authoring text books. He organized conferences/workshops and continuing education programmes. He served as Keynote speaker/ Invited speaker /plenary Speaker /PCM/reviewer for many International conferences in and abroad. He received 2017-2018 best Teacher Award in Computer Science and Engineering by (RAYAT-BAHARA, GROUP, and CHANDIGARH.)
Prof.Vijayalakshmi Kakulapati is a well known faculty in computer science at Hyderabad She is working as a Professor in the Department of Information Technology, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology. She has two doctorate degrees and four PG Degrees. She is a member of various professional bodies like IEEE, ACM, CSTA, LMISTE, LMCSI, IACSIT, FIETE, Big data University, IOT Central, Data mining research group, Microsoft research group, IBM research group and few more. She is serving as an Editorial Board member to various International and National journals. Apart from these she is continuously serving couple of National & International Conferences as a review member and various International Journals including IJCT and Egyptian Informatics Journal. Track manager for ICTIS, ICCII and ICDECT conferences and member in Board of Studies.
She is having more than 55+ publications in National, International Journals and conferences. Out of these 13 are Springer Chapters, 3 book chapters, 2 ACM, 2 IEEE and 1 in Elsevier. She took active role in two National Conferences and four International Conferences as Session chair. She has been received an Excellence in Research award from INDUS foundation and appreciation awards for high impact factor publication and conducting e-learning programs. She gave 12+ guest Lectures on “Information Retrieval Systems, Advance data mining and Big data analytics” in various engineering colleges. she organized various Workshops include AICTE sponsored and DST sponsored workshops.
Dr. Sunil Bhutada
Professor, IT Department.
Dr. Sunil Bhutada has completed his B.Tech (CSE) from Amravathi University, Amravathi and M.Tech (S/W Engg) from JNTU Hyderabad. He has completed his Ph.D in the area of Data Mining from JNTUH in January 2018. He has got both industry and teaching experience of more than 20 years, wherein he worked as a Systems Engineer in Indian Rayon & Industries for 3 Years.
He has published 7 research papers in international conferences and 8 papers in international journals in the areas of Data Mining, Image Processing and Information Security. One of his research publication “IP V6 Adoption in India” was awarded as the best research paper, honored by Technology Research, DUBAI.
Dr. C. Mukundha
Associate Professor, IT Department.
Dr. C. Mukundha has completed his B.Tech in Information Technology in the year 2006, he did his M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering from Acharya Nagarjuna University in the year 2010 and then successfully completed his Ph.D in Computer Science in the year 2015 from Techno Global University. Dr. C Mukundha has very strong programming skills and he is a sun certified java professional.
He has total 9 years teaching experience and he is doing research actively in Cloud Computing, Computer Networks and Steganography areas.