To emerge as a premier centre in Electronics and Computer engineering with focus on human values and professional ethics
To prepare Electronics and Computer Engineering graduates to be a life- long learner with competence in basic sciences, engineering & professional core, interdisciplinary subjects, so that they can have professional career or to pursue higher studies.
Developing liaison with Academia, R & D institutions, software and electronics Industries for exposure of students to the practical aspects in engineering and solution of the industry oriented and societal problems, entrepreneurial pursuit and project management.
Inculcating interpersonal skills, team work, professional ethics, IPR and regulatory issues in students to improve their employability and promoting leadership in changing global environment.
To continuously engage in research and development activities and to promote scientific temper in the graduates
Dr. K. Sasidhar
HOD, ECM Dept.
Welcome to the Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering. The modern technology requires Electronics circuits that controlled with software to create a smart globe. ECM is a unique discipline, featuring both Electronics and Computer Engineering subjects. The department has eminent faculty from both areas to cherish the young student minds. The department always believes in empowering young minds through manifestation of their inherent knowledge. We encourage the students to participate on campus and off campus technical symposiums.
The department stands tall with rich placements, gold medals, internships, Innovative projects, Bridge courses and workshops. In this department we thrive to ensure the excellence of students in academics as well as extracurricular activities. Apart from this, Alumni are extremely doing well in National, Multinational Industries and as Entrepreneurs. Some of recent graduates are pursing masters in the top rank universities of the US, UK.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will have strong foundation in fundamentals of mathematics, Engineering sciences and technology with abilities to design & develop an optimal solution using modern tools which help them to be employable.
- Graduates will have successful professional career by demonstrating good scientific and engineering breadth to comprehend the problems, conduct experiments, analyze the results and design novel products and solutions to the real life problems, promote entrepreneurship and skills in project and finance management.
- Graduates will be motivated to achieve academic excellence and pursue research to develop life – long learning in a world of constantly evolving technology.
- Graduates will be trained in human values, Professional ethics and Intellectual Property related issues in broader social context and sustainable development, communication skills, team work skills, leadership and multidisciplinary approach.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics and engineering in the areas of Electronics & Computer Science.
- An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a software and hardware system to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as cost and time.
- An ability to conduct investigation of complex problems in multidisciplinary areas.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for designing and testing necessary for practice as an Electronics & Computer professional.
- An engineer should be aware of social, safety, cultural and information security issues and also responsibilities relevant to professional practice and skills.
- An ability to understand the impact of environmental protection and sustainable development.
- An ability to understand and apply professional ethics and responsibilities.
- An ability to function effectively as individual and as a member or leader in diverse team in achieving multidisciplinary tasks.
- Learn to communicate effectively on complex engineering activities through report writing, experimental work, assignments, seminars, group projects, mini & main projects.
- To understand principles of engineering and financial management through relevant management courses and demonstrates knowledge in the conceptualization and realizing group projects, mini & main projects
- To recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to be a life-long learner through the courses such as seminars & projects.
- An ability to analyze and solve open-ended problems using mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles in the modeling and design of systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices and to arrive at an optimal solution.
Name of the course
Electronics & Computer Engineering
B.Tech - ECM
Eminent Professors of ECM Department
Prof. A Narsaiah
Professor, ECM Department.
- Worked as scientific officer in various capacities in Electronics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay for the last 29 years. Joined B.A.R.C. as Scientific Officer (C) in 1973 after successfully competing one year Training Course in B.A.R.C. Training School and reached the grade of Scientific Officer (G) in 1995.
- Involved in the Design and Development of computer / microprocessor based instrumentation systems for Indian Nuclear Power Plants as well as for scientific research experiments in B.A.R.C.
- Involved in teaching of microprocessor based system design and Analog and Digital instrumentation techniques for the officers of B.A.R.C. Training School for the last 18 years. Also involved in setting up of laboratory experiments and conducting the practicals in Training School.
- Guided about 50 students of Bombay University in completing their project work at B.A.R.C. during the last 10 years. Also involved in conducting their project viva on behalf of Bombay University.
- Presented more than 25 technical papers in various National Seminars conducted by DAE and IETE.
- Completed one year Training program in Nuclear Engineering at B.A.R.C. Training School.
- Participated in the recruitment, training and assessment of officers for DAE and Defence requirements.
- Worked as a Professor, HOD and Director, School of Electronics in Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology for the last 13 years. The subjects handled while service in SNIST are Embedded Systems, Embedded & Real Time Operating Systems, Advanced Computer Organization, Operating Systems, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers, Advanced Communications etc. at both UG & PG levels.
Dr. K. Sasidhar
Professor & HOD ECM Department.
Dr.K.Sasidhar has 18 years of teaching, research and administrative experience in top ranking engineering colleges. His research interests in the area of computer science are data mining, Biometrics. He won best teacher award for twice with regard to teaching under graduate courses.
Dr. Sasidhar published and presented 16 research papers in reputed journals, conferences at international and national level. He is guiding scholars and recognized as a co supervisor for registered research scholars. He also guided more than 50 Projects at UG and PG level. Dr.Sasidhar gained administrative experience as he worked as Head of the Department for the computer science, IT departments of various colleges. He is a life member in ISTE and ASCI. He delivered more than 15 invited talks, guest lectures for computer science students at various engineering colleges in and around Hyderabad. He organized and participated in many workshops, conferences and Faculty Development Programs.
Dr. S. Krishna Anand
Professor ECM Department.
Mr.S.Krishna Anand is currently working as a Professor at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology. His areas of research include Expert Systems, Simulation and Modeling, Genetic algorithms and Fuzzy Logic. He has incorporated appropriate and efficient Soft Computing Techniques and implemented the same in a number of applications like Boilers, Medicine and Transport. He is currently doing his Research in the design of a Fuzzy Expert Systems for identifying and increasing the production of sugarcane. He has twenty one years of teaching experience in different places apart from one year of industrial experience. He has presented papers in a number of Scopus indexed journals apart from one science citation indexed journal. Besides, he has made his presentations in a number of national and international conferences and also guided a number of students in his area of specialization. He has also been involved in keynote presentations at other institutes and in giving guest lectures. His research effort was recognized when he won the best library user award for a successive period of two years.
Courses handled : Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, System Software, Computer Organization and Architecture, Software Engineering, Operations Research, Evolutionary Computing, Digital Electronics, AI and Expert Systems, Multiagent systems, Machine Learning, Discrete Structures and Graph Theory
Administrative Responsibilities: Curriculum setting, Framing syllabus, Monitoring committee incharge, Handling (text ) books.
Research Areas: Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithms, Simulation and Modelling.
Dr. C. Sunil Kumar
Professor ECM Department.
Dr C. Sunil Kumar did his B.E in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Madras, Vellore, India, in 1998, M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from SRM University, Chennai, India, in 2005 and Ph.D. (CSE) from JNTUH in 2012. His Ph.D. Thesis was selected by UGC Under SHODH GANGA. He is Sun Certified JAVA Professional from Sun Microsystems, Inc. He has 65 research publications at Various National/International Conferences and Journals. He taught various subjects like Data warehousing and Data Mining, Multimedia, Data Communications and Computer Networks, Software Engineering and Software Project Management in ECM Department.
His research interests are Distributed Databases, Data Mining Cloud Computing and Big Data. He taught various subjects like Data warehousing and Data Mining, Multimedia, Data Communications and Computer Networks, Software Engineering and Software Project Management. Currently, he is Professor in ECM Department at SNIST, Hyderabad, India.
Dr. A. Venkata Ramana
Professor ECM Department.
Dr. Attili Venkata Ramana completed his degree in Computer Science from S.K. University, Ananthapur in the year 1993, M.Tech in Information Technology from Satyabhama University, Chennai,, in the year 2007 and Ph.D.in Computer Science from Sri Venkateswara University in the year 2017. He has 22 years of teaching, research and administrative experience. He worked in reputed Engineering Colleges. His research interest in the Computer Science broadly in Algorithms, Text Mining, Networks and Data Sciences. He received best teacher award.
Dr. Attili Venkata Ramana published and presented 31 research papers in reputed Journals, Conferences at International and National Level and published One Patent. He guided more than 75 Projects at UG and PG level.
Dr. Attili Venkata Ramana gained administrative experience as Head of the Department for the Computer Science & IT departments of various colleges. He has life membership in CSI. He organized and participated in many Workshops, Conferences and Faculty Development Programs.
He taught various courses to the students of UG and PG Programmes like Pascal, C & Data Structures, COBOL, PPL, Numerical Methods, C++, FORTRAN, System Software, Algorithms, Operating Systems, Software Project Management, Software Engineering, JAVA, JAVA Script, OOAD, Design Patterns, Scripting Languages, and Web Technologies. He was actively involved in conducting labs like C&DS, OS, JAVA, OOAD and WT.
Currently, he is working as Associate Professor & Associate HOD in ECM Department at SNIST, Hyderabad, India.
Ms. M. Shailaja
Associate Professor ECM Department.
M. Shailaja received her Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering from JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad in 2003. She received her Master of Technology degree in Digital Systems and Computer Electronics from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in the year 2009. Currently she is pursuing Ph.D from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Her research work is in the area of Fault Tolerant Testing, Mixed Signal Architectures etc. She has published papers in various National & International Journals and Conferences.
Ms. Shailaja is having fifteen years of teaching experience. She has organized and took active participation in several workshops and bridge courses. She is a member of Indian Society of Technical Education.
Ms. Shailaja taught courses to the students of UG and PG Programmes, like Switching Theory and Logic Design, Principle of Communication, Analog Communication, Digital Communications, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Signals and Systems and Design of Fault Tolerant Systems.
Currently, Mrs. Shailaja is working as an Associate Professor in the department of Electronics and Computer Engineering at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad, India.
Research Areas: Fault Tolerant Testing, Mixed Signal Architectures.
Ms. V. Padmavathi
Associate Professor ECM Department.
Ms.V. Padmavathi received her Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Visweswariah Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka in 2002. She received a Master of Technology degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in the year 2010. Currently she is pursuing Ph.D(CSE) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Her research work is in the area of Cryptography and Information Security. Her work is focused on developing the Cryptographic algorithms using Quantum Cryptography and implementing security. She has published 5 research papers in Scopus, ESCI and UGC approved International Journals and Conferences. She has also published 2 patents.
Ms. Padmavathi is having fifteen years of teaching experience and seven years in research. She has organized and took active participation in several workshops, bridge courses and conferences. She is a member of Cryptology Research Society of India. She has research papers to her credit.
Ms. Padmavathi taught courses to the students of UG and PG Programmes, like C & Data Structures, Information Security, Computer Networks, Information Retrieval Systems, Operating Systems, Advanced Computer Architecture, Software Project Management, Software Engineering, JAVA, Logic Design, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Automata & Compiler Design, OOAD, Distributed Systems, Web Technologies, Real Time Systems, and Embedded Systems. She was actively involved in conducting labs like C&DS, CN, OS, JAVA, OOAD, LD, DBMS, WT.
Currently, she is working as an Associate Professor in the department of Electronics and Computer Engineering at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad, India.
Research Areas: Cryptography & Information Security, Quantum Cryptography, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Algorithms.
Mr. D. Mohan
Associate Professor ECM Department.
Mr. D. Mohan received his Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Osmania University in 2001. He received Master of Technology degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in Systems & Signal Processing from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in the year 2005. Currently he is pursuing Ph.D from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. His research work is in the area of Speech Signal Processing. He has 13 publications in various National & International Journals and Conferences.
Mr. D. Mohan is having Sixteen years of teaching experience which includes six years in research. He organized and took active participation in several workshops and bridge courses.
Currently, Mr. D. Mohan is working as an Associate Professor in the department of Electronics and Computer Engineering at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad, India.
Areas of interest : Speech Signal Processing, Neural Networks, Image Processing.
In house projects developed in SNIST:
- Speech Analysis using Linear Predcetive Coefficients.
- Speech Recognition using Dynamic Time Warping.
- Feature Extraction using MFCC.
- Separation of Voiced and Unvoiced using Zero crossing rate and Energy of the Speech Signal.
Workshops/Courses Attended (In premier Institutes):
- Summer School at IIIT Hyderabad on Advanced in Speech Processing Applications, May, 2018
- FDP at Electronics and ICT Academy, NIT, Warangal on Speech Signal Processing, May, 2017
- Workshop at NIT, Warangal on Speech Signal Processing, May, 2017
- Research Trainee in a Three month workshop on Automatic Speech Recognition and Synthesis (ASR 15) organized by NERTU, Osmania University during Aug – Nov 2015
- Workshop on Speech Signal Processing, NIT Warangal, May, 2013.
- 5-day Workshop on Automatic Speech Recognition, OU, Hyderabad, Nov, 2012.
Workshop on Speech Signal Processing, NIT Warangal, December, 2011.
Ms. N. Swapna
Associate Professor ECM Department.
Ms.N. Swapna received her Bachelor of Engineering degree in Information Science & Engineering from Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka in 2000. She received a Master of Technology degree in Web Technology from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in the year 2012. Currently she is pursuing Ph.D(CSE) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Her research work is in the area of Cryptography and Information Security. Her work is focused on developing the Robust Cryptographic algorithms using Elliptical Curve Cryptography.
Ms. Swapna is having seventeen years of teaching experience and four years in research. She has organized and took active participation in several workshops, bridge courses and conferences. Swapna is a member of Computer Society of India (CSI).
Ms. Swapna taught courses to the students of UG and PG Programmes, like DPFO, Numerical Methods C & Data Structures, Data Communication, Software Engineering, JAVA, Web Technologies, Reliability Engineering, Internet of Things. she was the coordinator for Main Projects for the Undergraduate students. She was actively involved in conducting labs like DPFO, Numerical Methods, C&DS, OS, JAVA, WT.
Currently, Ms. Swapna is working as an Associate Professor in the department of Electronics and Computer Engineering at Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad, India.
Research Areas: Cryptography & Information Security.