To emerge as a premier centre in Electronics and Computer engineering with focus on human values and professional ethics
To prepare Electronics and Computer Engineering graduates to be a life- long learner with competence in basic sciences, engineering & professional core, interdisciplinary subjects, so that they can have professional career or to pursue higher studies.
Developing liaison with Academia, R & D institutions, software and electronics Industries for exposure of students to the practical aspects in engineering and solution of the industry oriented and societal problems, entrepreneurial pursuit and project management.
Inculcating interpersonal skills, team work, professional ethics, IPR and regulatory issues in students to improve their employability and promoting leadership in changing global environment.
To continuously engage in research and development activities and to promote scientific temper in the graduates
Dr. Ameet Chavan
HOD, ECM Dept.
Welcome to the Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering. The modern technology requires Electronics circuits that controlled with software to create a smart globe. ECM is a unique discipline, featuring both Electronics and Computer Engineering subjects. The department has eminent faculty from both areas to cherish the young student minds. The department always believes in empowering young minds through manifestation of their inherent knowledge. We encourage the students to participate on campus and off campus technical symposiums.
The department stands tall with rich placements, gold medals, internships, Innovative projects, Bridge courses and workshops. In this department we thrive to ensure the excellence of students in academics as well as extracurricular activities. Apart from this, Alumni are extremely doing well in National, Multinational Industries and as Entrepreneurs. Some of recent graduates are pursing masters in the top rank universities of the US, UK.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will have strong foundation in fundamentals of mathematics, Engineering sciences and technology with abilities to design & develop an optimal solution using modern tools which help them to be employable.
- Graduates will have successful professional career by demonstrating good scientific and engineering breadth to comprehend the problems, conduct experiments, analyze the results and design novel products and solutions to the real life problems, promote entrepreneurship and skills in project and finance management.
- Graduates will be motivated to achieve academic excellence and pursue research to develop life – long learning in a world of constantly evolving technology.
- Graduates will be trained in human values, Professional ethics and Intellectual Property related issues in broader social context and sustainable development, communication skills, team work skills, leadership and multidisciplinary approach.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics and engineering in the areas of Electronics & Computer Science.
- An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
- An ability to design, implement and evaluate a software and hardware system to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as cost and time.
- An ability to conduct investigation of complex problems in multidisciplinary areas.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for designing and testing necessary for practice as an Electronics & Computer professional.
- An engineer should be aware of social, safety, cultural and information security issues and also responsibilities relevant to professional practice and skills.
- An ability to understand the impact of environmental protection and sustainable development.
- An ability to understand and apply professional ethics and responsibilities.
- An ability to function effectively as individual and as a member or leader in diverse team in achieving multidisciplinary tasks.
- Learn to communicate effectively on complex engineering activities through report writing, experimental work, assignments, seminars, group projects, mini & main projects.
- To understand principles of engineering and financial management through relevant management courses and demonstrates knowledge in the conceptualization and realizing group projects, mini & main projects
- To recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to be a life-long learner through the courses such as seminars & projects.
- An ability to analyze and solve open-ended problems using mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles in the modeling and design of systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices and to arrive at an optimal solution.
Name of the course
Electronics & Computer Engineering
Eminent Professors of ECM Department
Prof. A Narsaiah
Professor, ECM Department.
- Worked as scientific officer in various capacities in Electronics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay for the last 29 years. Joined B.A.R.C. as Scientific Officer (C) in 1973 after successfully competing one year Training Course in B.A.R.C. Training School and reached the grade of Scientific Officer (G) in 1995.
- Involved in the Design and Development of computer / microprocessor based instrumentation systems for Indian Nuclear Power Plants as well as for scientific research experiments in B.A.R.C.
- Involved in teaching of microprocessor based system design and Analog and Digital instrumentation techniques for the officers of B.A.R.C. Training School for the last 18 years. Also involved in setting up of laboratory experiments and conducting the practicals in Training School.
- Guided about 50 students of Bombay University in completing their project work at B.A.R.C. during the last 10 years. Also involved in conducting their project viva on behalf of Bombay University.
- Presented more than 25 technical papers in various National Seminars conducted by DAE and IETE.
- Completed one year Training program in Nuclear Engineering at B.A.R.C. Training School.
- Participated in the recruitment, training and assessment of officers for DAE and Defence requirements.
- Worked as a Professor, HOD and Director, School of Electronics in Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology for the last 13 years. The subjects handled while service in SNIST are Embedded Systems, Embedded & Real Time Operating Systems, Advanced Computer Organization, Operating Systems, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers, Advanced Communications etc. at both UG & PG levels.
Dr. Ameet Chavan
Professor, ECM Department.
Ameet Chavan received his Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics from Pune University, India in 1998. He received Master of Science degree (ECE) from University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) in 2003 and Ph.D. (ECE) 2010 from UTEP. While completing his studies Dr. Chavan worked as faculty for the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UTEP. He has worked as a research engineer with Intel Corporation Inc., Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc., Echostar Technologies Ltd and Ethicon Endo.
Dr. Chavan has a total 14 years of combined experience in industry, academia teaching and research. Dr. Chavan has worked on a chip design research project sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), USA which was fabricated at MIT Lincoln Labs, USA. Dr. Chavan has presented and published his research at various international conference meetings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and a NASA Symposium on VLSI Design. To further support his research, Dr. Chavan recieved research awards from NASA, DARPA, SPAWAR and The University of Texas at El Paso Graduate School. Additionally, he was awarded a Texas Instruments Foundation Scholarship, a Texas Public Education Scholarship, and a National Science Foundation (NSF) Distributed Computing Laboratory Scholarship. Dr. Chavan worked as a post doctoral faculty researcher at the ASICs research lab UTEP. He has taught Digital System Design, Microprocessors based System Design, Intro to Embedded System Design, STLD, Computer Organization courses at the ECE department, UTEP. Currently, Dr. Chavan is working as a Professor and Head at the School of Electronics (ECM) of the Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad India.
Research Areas – Ultra Low Power Digital System Design, Reconfigurable Computing, and Radiation Hardened System Design.
Dr. K. Sasidhar
Associate Professor, ECM Department.
Dr.K.Sasidhar has 18 years of teaching, research and administrative experience in top ranking engineering colleges. His research interests in the area of computer science are data mining, Biometrics. He won best teacher award for twice with regard to teaching under graduate courses.
Dr. Sasidhar published and presented 16 research papers in reputed journals, conferences at international and national level. He is guiding scholars and recognized as a co supervisor for registered research scholars. He also guided more than 50 Projects at UG and PG level. Dr.Sasidhar gained administrative experience as he worked as Head of the Department for the computer science, IT departments of various colleges. He is a life member in ISTE and ASCI. He delivered more than 15 invited talks, guest lectures for computer science students at various engineering colleges in and around Hyderabad. He organized and participated in many workshops, conferences and Faculty Development Programs.