About the Department:
The School of Management Studies was established in the year 2006. SMS has been at the cutting edge of innovation in Management Education. It is a value-driven, tradition respecting B-school and believes in honest, transparent organizational approach, in pedagogy. It is a fine mix of lectures, case studies, field exercises, and group assignments culminating into integrated teaching – learning phenomenon. It has committed, excellent faculty which is one of the core competence of the Institution. Teachers have the flair for Research and teaching. School of Management Studies has well equipped laboratory and Library. It is continuously and rigorously engaged in R & D activity in all the functional areas of Management.
To pursue academic excellence by establishing linkages with Industry and advanced institutions at National and International level for enhancing teaching, Research and Development activities and to promote Entrepreneurship; to be rated in the top 20 business schools in the country.
- To prepare innovative and ethical leaders who understand the impact of business on society and create value for the world.
- To make our students comprehend organizational systems, the vital role of leadership, and the forces transforming the global economy.
- We provide scholarly knowledge and insights that advance management practice through our research, teaching, and community engagement.
Dr. A.Sandhya Rani
HOD, MBA Department
Program Education Objectives (PEO’s):
- To impart the knowledge of critical functions of business viz. Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Systems.
- To enhance necessary quantitative skills for analyzing a firm’s numerical data to make intelligent and effective decisions.
- To understand the techniques and tools useful for Financial Analysis and Control.
- To develop Leadership, Team work, Social, Legal and Ethical responsibilities in Business and Society.
- To enhance knowledge and skills in Strategic Management.
- To achieve better communication skills and higher levels of proficiency for successful career in Industry, Business and entrepreneurship.
Program Outcomes (PO’s):
- To understand the global, environmental, political, economic, legal and regulatory context of business.
- To understand individual ethical behavior and community responsibilities in organization and society.
- To create value through identifying customer needs and implementing integrated production and distribution of goods, services, and information.
- To develop capacity to apply knowledge in new and unfamiliar circumstances through a conceptual understanding of relevant disciplines.
- To develop capacity to adapt and innovate to solve problems, to cope with unforeseen events, and to manage in unpredictable environments.
- Able to manage diversity, contemporary societal and global issues.
- To demonstrate Leadership and Team work capabilities.
- Able to enhance in verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Analyzing financial statements, portfolio management, Investment decisions.
- To demonstrate capabilities in new venture creation & entrepreneurship.
- Achieve higher levels of proficiency and self-actualization through pursuing life long learning.