To become a reputed department for civil engineering education and applied research in the country with focus on producing professionally competent and highly recognized engineers.
To prepare, and provide conductive environment for, civil engineering graduates to be competent and quick learners of the latest emerging technologies on the engineering horizon.
To become a hub of technical know-how in civil engineering and allied domains for the service of industry bodies, governmental bodies, and society at large.
To ensure our students are confident with latest and emerging technologies, that affect the traditional roles of civil engineers, so that they could push the envelope to be relevant in the fast changing technical field as practicing engineers, entrepreneurs, or research personnel.
Also, the Department aims to train socially and environmentally sensitive professionals as civil engineering profession has high contact and visibility with the public.
Program Educational Objectives:
- Academic Environment: To provide students a conductive academic environment for efficient learning helping them succeed in industry or research career.
- Core Competence: To provide students a strong foundation in basic mathematics, science, and engineering principles needed to solve engineering problems.
- Professionalism: To inculcate in students good professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge in fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems in Civil Engineering discipline
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data related to various areas of Civil Engineering
- Graduate will demonstrate ability in conducting investigations to solve problems using research based knowledge and methods to provide logical conclusions
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering equipment and latest software tools to analyze problems in Civil Engineering
- Graduate will show an understanding of impact of Civil Engineering works on the society to assess health, safety, legal, and social issues
- Graduate will show an understanding of impact of Civil Engineering works on the environment in terms of depleting and degradation of resources and respond towards sustainable development
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member or leader in a multidisciplinary setting
- Graduate will be able to write technical documents (abstract, summary, project report, etc) and give oral presentations on the work conducted.
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Graduate will recognize the need of self education and ability to engage in life - long learning.